What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing is referred to advertisement delivered through emails, websites, blogs and anything digitally. Due to rise of internet and using of it almost at every plight of the world, the companies, artist and even the marketers advertise and even marketize their goods, products and service through digital marketing. Today people buy products online like amazon, eBay or etsy. Consumers are highly reliable on internet to buy any products or to get any information of any goods.
Digital marketing is no different than traditional marketing in many ways. In both, smart organizations seek to develop relationships with prospects, leaders, and clients that are mutually beneficial. But most traditional marketing tactics have been replaced by digital marketing because it is designed to directly and individually reach today’s consumers.
As digital marketing is rising, there is enough competition among the marketers like whose products, advertisement will be on the top of the page or on fb or Instagram. In order to be on the top of the google or any other search engine, these researchers have to go through lot of strategies and then advertise their brands. Marketers have to make sure that their advertisement reach to the targeted audience and they should have an organic engagement rather than the fake engagement. As the world is rapidly developing and so is the technology, it is needed to have organic audience in order to be in the level of the competition of digital marketing world.
Benefits of digital marketing
Digital marketing help us to find the targeted audience within the whole country or specific region. It is a cost effective and measurable way of advertising without wasting time and energy. It also includes online sale, brand loyalty, product efficiency and genuine customers/sellers.
Other benefits of digital marketing-
- Global reach – A website that allows you to find new markets, trade and have a bunch of targeted audience globally for, only within a small investment.
- Lower cost – A properly planned and well targeted digital marketing campaign can reach the right customers at a much lower cost than traditional marketing methods of selling and advertising.
- Trackable, measurable results – Measuring your online marketing with web analytic and other online metric tools makes it easier to identify how effective your campaign has been. You can obtain detailed information about how customers use your website or respond to your advertising or your blog. You can even receive reviews of the customers to take it into consideration.
- Personalisation – If your customer’s database(cookie) is accessed by your website, then whenever someone visits the site, you can greet them with targeted offers or discount or even products that they might like. The more they buy from you, the more you can refine your customer profile and market effectively to them for your branding.
- Openness – You can build customer loyalty and create a reputation for being easy to engage with by engaging and managing social media carefully.. You have seen that on Instagram and Facebook you have seen some sponsored ads or products. These brands know that much of their audience use social media and that is why they are contacting with you.
- Improved conversion rates- If you have a website, then you know that you can earn a revenue by the clicking of ads. I know it might sound horrible that which human clicks on an ad, well some other companies let you earn a revenue by simply putting ads on it. You need to contact an advertising agent of the company or need some advertising experts.
Together, all of these aspects of digital marketing have the potential to add up to more sales and reach to our targeted audience. These things is not the last level of digital marketing. You need more strategies and knowledge. Sometimes you have to go with the trend and sell products which are essential for the audience or sometimes you have to be outdated to make the audience believe that they really need to buy this things for their own stuff.
Examples of Digital marketing
Digital marketing have many types of marketing. These marketing helps the brand to target the right audience and show their content to them with the help of these things-
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Content Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Pay Per Click (PPC)
- Affiliate Marketing
- Native Advertising
- Marketing Automation
- Email Marketing
- Online PR
- Inbound Marketing
- Sponsored Content
Problems of digital marketing
People start getting in digital marketing in the hope that they can earn money with it but this stream has its own problems. It is not a Disney land where money grows fasts. Let look at the problems-
- Create consistent branding– when we are starting our own brand. It is needed to post our products and services consistency and regularly. Branding is the key factor of growing your business. You have to be consistent on what type of website you want to create, the font size, the color of the text etc. You have keep employees and have take a look on the website, the branding well and the feedback of the audience
- Generating traffic and views- In order to have traffic in your website you need a landing(home) page, and create what your audience wants to see. Then target your right audience with the right content and tactics
- Managing a website- In digital world everyone needs a website, but this website need to be taken care even when you are sleeping. If we think of Amazon- people order stuff from all over the world and almost 24 hours in different timezone. We have to nurture the website, make it look attractive and presentable. Our website’s main function is to attract audience and the leads will be generated
- Securing the effective budget- Have a cost effective budget. At first don’t spend all of the money for website or for advertisement. Remember audience will visit you by the quality of the product you sell and not by extra stuff you have spend upon it. You have keep this in mind that your income from the advertisement should help you cover up your initial expenses. Don’t forget to experiment with your website.
- Creating right post- Always remember that your audience will recognize you if attract them with perfect products or services because everyone loves their money and so do you. They won’t spend money if they don’t find it attractive or useful. It is advised that show that types of posts which your audience likes.
- Understanding tools and technology- Deciding on the right tools, technology, and software for your business can be difficult, to say the least. With so many options available—and so many differing opinions on each one—there seems to be no right answer. You have to research for your tools.
- Training the team- If you are in the digital marketing field then you will need a team to help you and support you. Before hiring people in your team, remember those people need to have talent in those fields which you are unaware of because in this way your team would be unbreakable and complete. To do this, begin by evaluating the levels of expertise, strengths, and weaknesses of each team member. This gives you a starting point and lets you know where to invest your training time and money and what you need from them also.
- Facilitating increased customers engagement- It is been seen that many marketers are so much confused welcoming the new customers, that they forget about their old and loyal customers. This is one of the blunderable mistakes one can do in digital marketing, they have to focus on improving their relation with the customers and products because those existing customers will bring them profitable sales and revenue and even bring some new customers.
Always remember what ever you do or start, you will face problem from it but that doesn’t mean you will never do. Remember everyone starts from zero to reach their current level of success. Never be jealous of someone who is above than you because everyone knows the story but not the journey.
“Imagine a world in which every single person on the planet is given free access to the sum of all human knowledge.” – Jimmy Wales